HEC HUNGARY SCHOLARSHIP (STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM) 2023-2024 | FULLY FUNDED
- Fully funded Scholarship
- IELTS / TOEFL Required
- Study in Hungary - Session 2023-2024
Great scholarship opportunity for Pakistani/AJ&K nationals! We are pleased to inform you that Higher Education Commission (HEC) is inviting applications for the Hungary Scholarship Program (Stipendium Hungaricum) online application system for the 2023-24 intake.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2023-24) is launched by the Hungarian Government for Bachelor’s, One-Tier Master’s, Master’s and PhD studies. It is a fully funded scholarship offered to Pakistani/AJ&K nationals. Read below to find more details about this scholarship opportunity.
Pakistani students who fulfil the basic eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship under following programs:
Bachelor’s Degree (after 12 years education)
One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years education)
Master’s Degree (after 16 years education)
PhD Degree (after 17/18 years education)
The grant of this program will fund participant’s:
- tuition fee
- monthly stipend
- medical expenses
To apply for this scholarship, applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Be enrolled in last year of their existing study programs/degrees and result awaiting candidates are allowed to apply.
- The minimum age criteria for the scholarship is 18 years and the eligible applicants are those born before 01 September 2005.
- For Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Programs) and One-Tier Master’s degree programs i.e. DVM, DPharm, Medicine/Dentistry etc., applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent before August 01, 2023.
- For Master’s (Postgraduate Programs), applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent degree before August 01, 2023.
- For PhD Programs, applicant must have completed 17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree/or equivalent before August 01, 2023.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcripts/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory for Bachelor’s and One-Tier Master’s degree (OTM).
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable by Hungarian side.
- All applicants must submit medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 15 November 2022, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not change discipline after final award of scholarship, and immediately after completion of his/her degree, he/she will return back to Pakistan to serve the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC. In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from candidate or his/her guarantor, a penalty amount as prescribed/decided by the HEC.
- Applicants must fulfil all other requirements set by host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT or USAT test scores. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 50 out of 100 in HAT or USAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT or USAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration. Without providing minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT or USAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
a. Pakistanis having dual citizenship.
b. Applications misrepresent any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded.
Please visit the following website for more information about all degree programs and fields of study.
https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/study-finder/ , however, applicants are instructed to apply only against specific degree programmes and in specified study fields/major subjects defined by HEC.
HEC approved study fields can be found at https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/lao/SHSP/Documents/Study%20fields_Annex_A.xlsx
Medicine & Dentistry degree programs as per list A countries by Pakistan Medical Commission are given below.
1. University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
2. Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
3. University of Debrecen, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
4. University of Pécs, Medical School, Hungary
- Applicants applying for Doctoral level (PhD) need to upload the following documents online until January 16, 2023 except Statement of Supervisor.
- Research plan
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of Supervisor
- HEC may conduct test/interviews of initially shortlisted candidates.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Only SUBMITTED mode applications will be entertained.
- Result-awaiting candidates and previous HEC nominees of this scholarship may apply afresh subject to eligibility criteria, but final degree and transcript must be submitted at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/ before August 01, 2023.
- Candidates must note that once he/she is nominated by HEC or finally selected by Tempus Public Foundation Hungary, any request for change of subject/discipline/study programme made by him/her shall not be entertained in any case (HEC will not issue any NOC for change of discipline). If a candidate withdraws himself/herself from the scholarship after the final award, he/she shall be liable to disciplinary action including ban of a certain period from applying to any foreign funded/HEC/Government of Pakistan scholarship programmes.
- All applicants should note that all nominations from Pakistan will be routed through HEC.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit online applications at the Hungarian website and HEC website. Failure to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) and Step (2) will not be considered for further processing.
Hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at the initial stage. However, applicants are required to keep record of all the submitted documents along with printed copies of BOTH application forms (submitted online at HEC website & Hungarian website).
At a later stage of the selection process, applicants will be required to submit hard copies (including online application forms submitted at HEC website & Hungarian website) along with attested photocopies of all the original documents. Original medical certificate and police clearance certificate also need to be submitted at later stages of the application process.
Step (1) Tempus Public Foundation (Hungarian side) Online Application:
All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation Hungary. Follow the link below for application guideline. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline. After applying online, get its printed copies for record.
To apply online please visit stipendum hugaricum apply online link given below
Step (2) HEC Online Application:
- Apply online at HEC link given below. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Hungarian Scholarship Program”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on January 16, 2023 (1600 Hours Pakistan Time).
- Before applying, kindly update your HEC profile with latest email/cell number & updated information. You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline. After successful submission of the application at HEC portal, retain printed copy application form signed by yourself.
- Submission of online applications at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/ & scholarship.hec.gov.pk portal are mandatory. In case of non-submission of forms on any of the above two portals, candidature will not be considered.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT or USAT test scores. Test categories are attached for information of applicants. All applicants are required to provide USAT (Undergraduate) or HAT (Masters/M.Phill/PhD) test scores. Those interested applicants who are yet to take USAT or HAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/.
- Submitted all the required documents to the online Stipendium Hungaricum application system by all applicants until 16 January 2023 1600 hours, except for the Statement of the Supervisor (which must be submitted until 15 March 2023) and the medical certificate (which must be submitted until 15 April 2023) on Hungarian portal.
The deadline for submitting the complete application is January 16, 2023 at 1600 hrs (Pakistan Standard Time).
Apply online (Stipendum Hungaricum::
Apply online (HEC)