- Travel Grant for Artists and Cultural Professionals from Asia & Europe
- Covers Travel Costs and Visa Fees
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), through its Mobility First! travel grant, with the support of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is launching a special open call for prioritising the mobility support of artists and cultural professionals from the following six countries, who are looking to strengthen their artistic and cultural practice through connecting with their counterparts in both Asia and Europe.
The mobility call is specifically aimed for artists and cultural professionals from the following six Asian countries:
Bangladesh | India | Lao PDR | Myanmar | Pakistan |
International travel support is provided to selected cultural professionals to participate in activities (i.e. workshops or trainings, conferences or forums, festivals, biennales or international exhibitions, artists’ or writers’ residencies, partner meetings to set up or maintain an existing partnership and practice-led research trips) which would:
- Enable the objective of skills transfer/knowledge exchange; innovation in arts and culture; local cultural development and art and society
- Support the applicant’s professional development; initiate a multiplier effect to others and benefit the society.
- Eligible travel routes that would be supported include travel from Asia to Europe and within Asia.
- Yes, applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of travel in order to apply.
- There is no maximum age limit and artists and cultural professionals who are in the early or veteran stages of their professional career are welcome to apply.
- We welcome applications from artists or cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.).
- The field of art that you work in does not have any impact on the evaluation of your application.
Applications will be received and accepted by ASEF on a rolling basis and applicants can expect to hear feedback about their application within 2 weeks of submission.
The eligible travel period for applicants has been extended till 15 July 2020.
DEADLINE: 15 April, 2020